Monday, January 23, 2012

We're Back for 2012!

For those of you who have stumbled upon or googled your way to this blog, and wondered, where are the new posts?  Wonder no more, O ye teeming multitudes! (Or at least ye tiny handful)

I'm teaching a class at the New York Botanical Gardens this spring as part of their annual Orchid Show, and am also doing a talk or two for local orchid societies, and that means new topics!  The class is on orchids to grow under lower light conditions, and I've got one talk on mini Vandaeceous orchids, and another on the Dendrobiums of New Guinea.  I'm not going to give out too many details, mainly because I haven't written the scripts yet, but I'll be posting bits to test out, and would welcome any feedback, as well as suggestions on what you'd like to hear more about.

In the mean time, I'll fill in with some shorter posts related to the ups, and particularly the downs, of growing orchids in urban apartment conditions.  Next up, the La Boheme orchids:  the ones you're always dying to grow, but always end up dying on you despite your expressions of deepest amour.  Love!  Valour!  Crown rot!   Stay tuned.

No comments: